Mom’s Biscuits and Gravy
When I was growing up my friends would beg my mom to make the cornbread and sausage gravy, or biscuits and gravy. My mother always made the best gravy! She taught me her method and I have passed it down to my kids who always ask for Grandma’s gravy. Every time I make this gravy I am taken back to my childhood. I am honored to pass it on to you.
Video: How to make country sausage gravy
In this video, I teach you my mother’s method of making sausage gravy. I also included a recipe for homemade biscuits (link below).
- Milk (2% or Whole)
- 1 lb of sausage
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Brown the sausage in a skillet until cooked thoroughly.
- Drain as much of the grease as you can, while keeping the sausage hot.
- Stir in flour until you have a nice coating on all of the sausage.
- Pour in Milk just until it covers the flour-coated sausage in the pan.
- Stir over medium heat until the mixture begins to thicken. You may add milk to thin the mixture if it becomes too thick.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Serve over Biscuits, Cornbread, Hash Browns, etc.
Goes Great With: